MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERATIVE REPUBLIC OF BRAZIL
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDIA
COOPERATION IN WIND RESOURCES
The Government of the Republic of South Africa , the Government of the Federative Republic of Brazil and the Government of the Republic of India (hereinafter jointly referred to as the "Parties " and separately as a "Party";
TAKING in to account the need for the strengthening of south-south cooperation in strategic areas , including energy ;
RECOGNIZING the common interests shared by the Parties in the development of safe, renewable, and environmentally sustainable energy sources and the accruing benefits for the development of rural communities derived from the use of alternative sources of energy ;
RECALLING the existing cooperation between the Parties in the area of the use of alternative sources of energy, including the Memorandum of Understanding on the Establishment of a Trilateral Task Team on Biofuels signed on 13 September 2006.
HAVE REACHED the following understanding:
AREAS OF COOPERATION
1. The Parties shall cooperate in the following areas:
(a) Wind power resource assessment through various measurement and modeling methodologies in order to identify the technical and economic potential of wind power;
(b) standards, Testing facilities and certification procedures for wind resource systems, subsystems, and components;
(c) deployment of wind power systems; and
(d) design and development of wind power systems including for low wind regimes.
2. The Parties shall identify relevant research institutions and expert organizations in the respective countries to strengthen linkages of cooperation in the areas referred to in sub-Article (1) above.
3. The Parties shall further cooperate in the fields referred to in sub- Article (1) under the aegis of the IBSA Working Group on Energy.
This Memorandum of Understanding may be amended by mutual consent of the Parties through an Exchange of Notes between the Parties through the diplomatic channels.
SETTELEMENT OF DISPUTES
Any dispute among the Parties arising out of the interpretation, application or implementation of the provisions of this Memorandum of Understanding shall be settled through consultation and negotiations among the Parties.
ENTRY INTO FORCE, DURATION AND TERMINATION
(1) This Memorandum of Understanding shall enter into force on the date of its signature thereof.
(2) This Memorandum of Understanding may be terminated by a Party giving three (3) months written notice in advance to the other Parties of its intention to terminate the Memorandum of Understanding.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned, being duly authorized thereto by their respective Governments, have signed this Memorandum of Understanding in three originals, in the English, Portuguese and Hindi languages, all texts being equally authentic. In case of divergence of interpretation, the English text shall prevail.
For the Government of the Republic of India
For the Government of the Federative Republic of Brazil
For the Government of the Republic of South Africa